How to Get Published in A Fashion Magazine
BREED GOES LIVE!
This four week informative will be available to join live as a webinar series.Participate in our Q & A while we break down exactly what it take to Get Published in a Fashion Magazine!
PLUS….Win a Chance to Have YOUR Editorial in the Summer 2018 Issue of BREED Magazine!!
The Importance of Properly Casting for an Editorial
Melissa Rodwell sits down with Modeling Agency Booker Darrin Judkins to discuss the proper approach to effectively cast and work with model(s) for a fashion editorial.
Check out a sample clip from week 1 below:
What Exactly is Fashion Editorial
Melissa Rodwell sits down with Creative Director Eryka Clayton from The Collective Magazine to break down every aspect of what makes for a successful editorial.
Industry Do's & DONT'S!
Melissa Rodwell chats with Freelance Beauty Journalist, Rachel Toledo, of Ray Brown Pro and Agency Gerard. Together, they'll share insight on how to become a winner in the industry by detailing their personal experiences on sets throughout the course of their careers.
An In-Depth Informative on Editorial Submissions & Breed’s Guideline for Sure-fire Success
Topics Covered (UPDated 4/3)
- Why casting is one of the most important elements of the editorial
- How to effectively approach a modeling agency when planning an editorial
- How to stay true to your vision by working with the talent you’re given, should you not receive the talent you initially plan for.
- Understanding the differences between working with male and female model(s)
- Last minute changes and how to deal with them
- What exactly is an editorial?
- What is the difference between assignment (bigger name magazines) vs. submission (magazines with open submissions) and why it’s crucial for you to understand the difference
- How do you conceptualize a story and see it through to completion?
- How to create a compelling and informative mood board to give your team direction
- The importance of incorporating clothing brands into your editorial
- Discussion based and Q&A
Bonus Week (4):
- Understanding the benefits of print versus an online magazine and how each can affect your career
- How vital it is to follow the exact submission guidelines to secure the consideration of your submission for publication
- Understanding the difference between CMYK (print) and RGB (online/web)
- The politics of social media before and after publication
- The process of correctly crediting your team and the damage that can ensue if not done properly
- Melissa Rodwell’s announcement of an assignment for the Summer 2018 edition of BREED Magazine (limited to members of this class)
Melissa Rodwell interviews an Editor in Chief of a Fashion Magazine (Guest confirmed - TBA!) to give an inside look on how they choose editorials out of thousands of submissions. Also, win a chance to be published in BREED Magazine!
- What stands out when looking through a portfolio
- When would an Editor in Chief take a chance on an emerging but unpublished photographer?
- What is something they’d absolutely reject?
- How current trends affect the acceptance of a submission
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 1 pm EST
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 1 pm EST
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 1 pm EST
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1 pm EST
Week FIVE: BONUS WEBINAR
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 1 pm EST
Do I have to attend live?
You do not have to attend live unless you want to partcipate with Melissa Rodwell and her guest. Otherwise, you can access the replay as many times as you like after purchase.
If I purchase the class after some have aired, but some have yet to, can I still participate in the competition to be published in The Breed Magazine?
Absolutely. You can still sign up and come partcipate even if you've missed a week, or two, or three.